Let’s face it, toothache pain is the worst. It ruins your day and just won’t let up. Usually, toothaches are caused by:
- Something stuck between your teeth
- Tooth decay or an infection in your mouth
These issues could lead to more serious problems, so it’s important to see your dentist immediately. If you can’t see your dentist right away, here’s a way to get some short-term relief.
How to temporarily reduce toothache pain
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Check that food or other objects have not lodged in the area surrounding the affected tooth.
- Consult your dentist for further treatment.
CAUTION: Do NOT rub aspirin or painkillers on the area surrounding the toothache. Doing so can cause mouth burns. Yikes!