6 Simple Tricks to Keep Your Smile White and Healthy
Who doesn’t want nice, shiny pearly whites? We all love getting compliments on our smile, and are eager to keep our mouth fresh and clean. That means brushing frequently, doing some occasional whitening, and making regular trips to the dentist.
But did you know the health of your smile goes beyond aesthetics? There are a number of daily habits that can do some serious damage to your teeth and gums, without you even realizing it. For example, did you know stress can be bad for your chompers? Or that some types of soda can wreak greater havoc inside your mouth than others?
Fortunately, there are also several things you can do to help reverse or prevent damage to your kisser. Here are 6…
- Brush Better – Use a soft brush with rounded nylon bristles and make gentle circular motions at a 45-degree angle to your gum line.
- Quit Drinking Soda – Sugary drinks can be bad for your teeth and the acid in all sodas, even sugar-free ones, can weaken tooth enamel.
- Watch Out for Wine – The acidity can dissolve tooth structure and both red and white wine can stain your teeth.
- Keep Stress at Bay – Nightime teeth grinding can be brought on by stress and clenching can wear away enamel over time.
- Hold the Hot Drinks – Black tea and coffee can stain tooth enamel so consume them in moderation or add milk to help neutralize the acids.
- Don’t Forget to Floss – Flossing removes plaque and debris that stick to your teeth and gives you a brighter smile.
Leave a Comment